Abstract Submission Guidelines for Oral and Poster Presentations
- Abstracts should be submitted on the understanding that they need not been given elsewhere (except thesis) and aren't presently under consideration for another conference. The submitting speaker ought to make sure that the abstract publication has been approved by all co-authors.
- All abstracts should be written solely in English (including the title, author names, abstract, affiliations, abstract text, conclusion and etc.).
- And submitting abstract must include full name(s) of presenting and co-author(s) (First name & second name), Affiliations (Departments, Institutional/ Hospital/ University, City and Country) and contact details (Email & office or mobile number).
Presentation Guidelines for Oral and Poster Presentations
- Presentations as well as all audio visual material should be presented in English (slides, DVD’s).
- All presentations should be in Microsoft Power Point on a PC running Windows.
- If you are using other than Microsoft Power point on a PC running Windows (e.g.: Apache Open Office, Power Point for Mac, Keynote), please make sure that your presentation is converted to Microsoft Power Point for Windows PCs before you travel to the Conference (preferably by trying the converted presentation on a Windows PC).
- Presentations in Acrobat PDF format or Word format are not accepted.
- Speakers are kindly requested to respect the allotted time to guarantee smooth running of sessions.
- Computer projection will be available. Neither slide (35mm) projections nor personal laptops (MAC and PC) will be used in meeting rooms. A single computerized arrangement will manage entire projections and it will send the presentations to the assigned meeting rooms automatically. This method guarantees an easier management, a higher quality of projection and a quicker and smoother running of the presentations. The use of personal laptops (MAC and PC) for presentations will not be allowed.
- In the Speakers Preview Room, a technician will be present to help the speaker to transfer his or her presentation into the central conference network. When the transfer done, the technician performs a quick run of the presentation with the speaker to check whether the presentation runs correctly and all parts of the presentation are copied. Desktop computers will be available at the speaker’s secretariat for last minute changes and review of presentation.
- No additional changes can be made inside the meeting rooms where the session takes place.
- In each presentation room, a technical assistant starts each presentation at the right time using the computer connected to the central conference network. When the presentation is started, the speaker has control and can navigate with a remote device.
- During the conference, presentations will run on PowerPoint 2010 with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels.
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint 2003, 2007 or 2010.
- Preferred page setup is landscape orientation with high-contrast lettering and readable type style.
- Use high-contrast colors: Light background on dark text or vice versa
- A maximum of 7 lines/slide and 5 words/line will improve the communication value of your slide.
- Power Point presentations on USB (Flash Drive) memory stick (recommended medium) disk or CD Rom must be delivered at the Speaker Preview Room at least two hours before the beginning of the session.
- Please do not use timer controlled transitions. Timer controlled transitions are transitions that will switch to the next slide after some X seconds or minutes. This will interfere with our cue light system and confuse you during your talk.
- Pictures Do NOT save the picture/image as BMP or TIFF.
- Images with .gif and .jpg formats are recommended to obtain a light presentation (other kinds of formats - recognizable by Microsoft Power Point - will be accepted all the same).
- Save the pictures used in your presentation on your CD, DVD or USB (Flash) drive (In case of problems we can re-insert the original).
- Video must not exceed 50 MB each. Always bring your video in DVD or other support, and inform the technicians at the Slide Centre the day before the presentation.
- MPG (MPEG), WMV and AVI are the only acceptable video formats.
- When using videos in (Apple) Quick time: Convert them to MPG or AVI before inserting the video in your presentation. Quick time (MOV, MP4) cannot be played in Power Point and thus are not accepted.
- Save the videos used in your presentation on your USB drive, CD or DVD (In case of problems we can re-insert the original).
- If you use hyperlinks to websites in your presentations, please download the website to your USB drive, CD or DVD. Try to avoid many different folders on the medium.
- Save the graphics or spreadsheets (Excel) used in your presentation on your USB drive, CD or DVD (In case of problems we can re-insert the original graphics or spreadsheets).
- Try to avoid the use of Non-Standard Window fonts. If you are using specific, Non-Standard Window fonts (or if you are using Apple fonts not known on Standard Windows) then include the fonts you have used in your USB drive, CD or DVD.
- Please give your filename an extension “.PPT”.
- Check your presentation on a Windows (preferably Win7 with Power Point 2010) machine before you bring it to the conference. This will avoid a lot of stress at the conference, you will not have to fix things that are not working after the conversion from Apple to Windows at the conference.
- Note:Always try the medium with your presentation on another PC before bringing it to the conference. And as always make an extra copy of your USB drive or CD/DVD.
Criteria Young Research Forum (YRF)
- Herald Meetings cordially welcomes Young Researchers from Universities/ Institutes/ Industries to present a short oral/ poster presentations during the Conference.
- Young Researchers (e.g. Graduates, Post-Graduates, Post-Doctoral Fellows and Trainees) are the focus of this conference.
- Submissions will be accepted based on topics in scientific tracks of the conference
- Each individual participant is allowed to submit maximum of two papers (Oral/ Poster Presentations).
- Authors should not have any faculty position.
- Participants should be below 35 years.
- All submissions must be in English.
Benefits under YRF
- Showcase your research excellence through oral presentations.
- Opportunity to act as a student diplomat and chance to moderate for the conference.
- Recognition of your Universities/ Institutes/ Industries across the globe.
- Learn about career development and modern research tools and technologies in your field.
- Develop a foundation for collaboration among young researchers around globally.
- Conference will provide an opportunity for bonhomie interaction with other young investigators and established senior investigators through worldwide.
- Opportunity for young researchers to learn about peers of subjects to increase their capacity as multidisciplinary investigators.
- Actively dispense information and promote the benefits of education and career matters.